Taste Our Difference
Grass-Finished Beef — The Healthful Choice
Our commitment to the quality of our pasture and range, as well as the clear spring-fed waters from the Sangre de Cristo mountains and our crisp and fresh mountain air, contribute to the unmatched flavor and nutritional benefits you’ll find in our beef. Our cattle graze on a wildcrafted buffet of high-altitude grasses, legumes, forbs and herbs, producing the most tender, juicy and flavorful beef found anywhere. And while you enjoy this exquisite taste experience, you can dine with confidence that the beef you are eating is the healthful choice. Cattle allowed to graze freely like ours produce beef that has a better nutritional profile and is free of chemicals and drugs. In comparison to grain-fattened beef, studies show beef from grass-finished cattle:
- Promotes cardiovascular health through a better balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Is higher in key nutrients, including vitamins A, E and several phytonutrients.
- Is three to five times higher in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a fatty acid shown in studies to fight many types of cancer. CLA has also been associated with healthy weight management.
- Contains higher proportions of stearic acid, which does not raise cholesterol levels and may actually help lower them.
- Is lower in total fat and calories than grain-fed beef.
- Can play a significant role in healthy weight management.
In addition, Sangres Best cattle are raised without growth hormones, antibiotics, pesticides or commercial fertilizers.
But don’t just take our word for it. Watch this informative video on all the benefits of grass-fed beef…